Monday, April 4, 2011

Eaarth


"Eaarth" is a book about environmental problem. In this book, there are a lot of examples about what was happend, is happening, will be happend in the future. You can see the real all over the world by reading this book.

In the book, I had an interest about the gap between developing countries and developed countries. Developing countries like China do not want to accept the huge reduction of the amount of carbon emission because they want to develop their economies. On the other hand, for developed countries, they want them to reduce the amount of carbon emission, and also they will reduce. In my opinion, I can understand what developed countries state, but I basically support the another side.

Of course I do not want to say, they do not have to reduce the amount of CO2, but they have rights to develop even if they emit CO2 because we, developed countries, did. I have no idea how much each category countries have to reduce, but I think the regulation for CO2 emission should include the intension of developing countries.


3 comments:

  1. Good points Yusuke, I think once people start figuring out more sustainable ways to develop it'll be a footrace on who goes greener fastest--everyone wants to be the leader... just hope that someone takes the initiative to lead us to that future (quickly).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that developing nations have a right to develop, but I think there must be an acknowledgement that a global effort is need in terms of sustainable development. This means, of course, that the developed nations must take the lead in environmentally conscious institutions and practices. Since we consume more here, we must do more to alleviate the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if developing countries follow the example of Curitiba, Brazil by planning for an infrastructure within their means from the beginning, then they would definitely have a chance in surpassing current world powers. They have the opportunity to start from scratch, while we have to redevelop thousands of miles.

    ReplyDelete